It is that time of year again….as we wind down our school year, I though I would highlight a few of the many free opportunities for Professional Development that are available online or in person this summer (and throughout the year for that matter!). Take a look at the list this summer, choose 1 or 2 opportunities that interest you and dive in!
- Learn how to develop your professional learning network via Twitter through the Summer of Twitter Teacher Challenge online.
- Attend an edcamp in person
- Get familiar with the many podcasts and resources on EdReach. I absolutely love Te@cher Tech T@lk, Google Educast and Techlandia, but there are many other podcasts targeted for Art Teachers, Administrators, Mac users, etc.
- Participate in an Education-based Google Hangout
- Receive CE certificates for participating in Edweb.com Webinars You also have access to prior webinars available on many interesting topics.
- Follow along Edutopia’s Teacher Bootcamp (from 2011, but still valuable short chunks of learning)
image from tpsdave http://pixabay.com/en/sweden-lake-saxen-water-reflections-102895/